Friday, August 23, 2019

Method of English language teaching unit-3


Hello Reader ! 


Welcome to my blog. 


Here I want to Share my view on following questions. So let's start our journey of learning together...
Here as a part of ELT-1 task given by Vaidehi ma'am, So the link is given below: 

https://vaidehi09.blogspot.com/2019/08/methods-of-english-language-teaching.html


  • Difference between approach and method:-


- If I want to say briefly about approach so that It's refers to the way a teacher considers content while deciding how to teach it. While into the method refers to the way a teacher ultimately decides to teach it. for example, as a lecture, an activity, a discussion, etc. You can think of approach as a more general term that encompasses planning and consideration and method as the specific way something is taught.

- Here is a difference between approach and method is that An approach is a way of dealing with something or somebody and A method is the process  which used or the steps taken to deal with an issue or a person.
- Approach is the way in which you will approach the piece of literature you are teaching. You may center on the diction, or the theme, or the structure, or the romantic (or modern, etc.) nature of the piece; whatever you choose to teach. Approach is what you are going to teach.

- Method refers to how you are going to teach it: lecture, small-group work, PowerPoint, worksheet, class discussion, etc.  ( from: e-notes )
Que.:-1.) Which method appealed you the most from the above given methods? Give Reasons.

Ans.:-

                                                Here I learnt various method like, The grammar translation Method, The Direct Method, Audio lingual method, Total Physical  response, Suggestopedia and The Silent way method. I want to more  appealed more two method first is The Direct Method and second is Total physical Response method. So here I put briefly reasons of both methods:-

  • The Direct Method:-




- We communicate in target language without first Language
- It's natural method but not exclusively
- Useful to develop Oral skills
- It's teach directly
- Learn rules upon the example
- Fluency & Writing skill improve

  • Total Physical Response:-




- Learnt through Physical activities.
- Make healthy body
- Remaining class lively & interesting
- Create Fun atmosphere
- Memories through activities
- Feedback & Correction
- No require age barrier


Que.:-2.) Tell something about your favorite method used by your teachers from School till PG. How is their method unique?

Ans.:-




                                                  When I studied in school & collage time during I don't know about that type of methods which used by my teachers but When I studied in course of B.ed there are I learnt about those method's theory with practical way and until I am learning and used also. I can't say that only one method useful in class while I want to say about favorite method so that I will preferred  Total Physical Method because it's mostly using in school and even PG level.  According to my point of view though this method students get knowledge proper way. Another one of the benefit students learnt something new with enjoy. Sometime in PG level it's used difficult task for teachers & Methods.

Que.:-3.) Tell something about the method you didn’t like from School till PG. Give Reasons.

Ans.:-

                                                 It's good question because when I studied into the school, I like Grammar translation Method which used by my English teacher. During that time it's useful but When I went to studied at collage at that time I shocked that there are prof. only reading paragraph then he interpreted in  Gujarati translation after taken long breathe. So there are i don't like The Grammar translation Method. May be there are They should use The direct Method and communication method.



I hope you will enjoy to read my blog... 

Thank you....

16 comments:

  1. Good explanation of teaching methods and well shared experiences of techniques used by your former teachers. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Your one line always improving a lot me.... Thank you for appriceate me...

      Delete
  3. Very good! Lalji you have very well explained the methods. The starting of the blog is very good.

    ReplyDelete