Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thinking activity on : "The old man and Sea" by Earnest Hemingway.

Hello reader!
Welcome to my blog.
Here I want to Share my view on questions. So let's start our journey of learning together...








  • About this novella :-

                                                  " The old man and the sea " is written by Earnest Hemingway. This short novella worked surrounding chief three characters like as, Old man ( Santiago ), Manolin and Marlin. It's a story of battle between an aging. This Short novel started with Santiago having gone 84 days without catching a fish So that he felt unluckiness of himself. Manolin has been forbidden by his parents to sail with him. He also helped a lot of Santiago's like  he hauling his fishing gear, preparing food...etc. but at the end of the novel he get one large fish Marlin. May be 18 feet from nose to tail that fish and they promise to fish together once again. Here writer used symbolic way marlin, boy, struggle with shark, dream of lion..etc.


  • About Ernest Hemingway :-





                                                  He was famous  American short story writer, journalist, novelist and sportsman. Mostly his work on adventurous life style and economic system. His work between mid-1920s and the mid-1950s. He also won the Nobel Prize in literature in 1954. He published seven novels, Six short story collections and three non- fiction works.


  • Here are some questions with related " The old man and the sea " which given by Heena Ma'am :-

Que.:-1) Can you mark a critical phase of your life ?

Ans.:-

                                                Yes, We know that Life is a continuous progress. We all grow, develop and mature with a time and we all continue to move on in life. Some might be even skip to entire stages completely without learning the important lessons from life. What’s true for all of us is that there are a number of distinct stages of life we go through once the time is ready. These stages are experienced by all humans throughout the course of their life.






                                                  I think, life always give new strength through experience. Here I will try to share one of the my experience which critical phase of my life. When I was studying in 12th stranded at that time my life take my test of decision. One side my board exam of 12th stared and another side my parents do preparation of my marriage life. I confused that time what's right decision for me career or marriage ? Same as that time I had stage of deep fever into mind. I remaining in hospital 20 days without any kind of things. I felt that my death is near. So I couldn't understood What's do I in that condition ? because all the things happening together that in first time my life. But I fought in front of all condition and I also crossed all limitations. Firstly I think, pay attention on better heath, secondly career then marriage life. It's turning point of my life. Still present time I am taking challenges same as old man.

Que.:-2) Do you have any such person whom you recall in the crisis ?

Ans.:-

                                                     Yes, According to my points of view when time of suffering and problem at that time our mind goes blank and we can't think about right decision. I have good two shoulder where I cry & share everything with them, one is my friend and  another is my sweetheart. Sometime I do work on wrong path so they stop me for doing that. Sometime I have not any solution of the problem at that time I recall them. So They both are wings of my life.





Que.:-3) What is the importance of that person? Why ?

Ans.:-

                                                 Having a relationship is part of the human being. While we think about importance of person because they make you feel wanted and safe. Another thing that as a human being we always need to help from other person. We have same aspects from family, collages, friend, job...etc. Here in the novella character of old man and Manolin seldom help each other's life. When we lost importance & loving person at that time we can understand importance of that person and we have only following types feeling and emotion. So let's became helpful and careful.




Que.:-4) What is the importance of dream of lions in the novel ?

Ans.:-

                                                 Santiago's dreams of lions on the beaches of Africa which he saw when he was a boy on a ship that sailed and fished the coast of Africa. The lions symbolize Santiago's lost youth as well as his pride. Santiago's love for the lions which are fierce predators, also mirrors his relationship with the marlin, whom he loves but whose death he feels is necessary to his survival. In this way, the lions as also symbolize Santiago's affinity with nature. Now that Santiago is no longer young, and has lost his friends, family, and strength, he sees the lions only in his dreams. Santiago's dreams of the lions at the end of the novella suggest that in triumphing over the marlin, he has undergone his own rejuvenation.




Que.:-5) Do you have any such scene or image you frequently like to visit ?

Ans.:-

                                                 Yes, I like to watched sunset and sunrise on seashore, greenery mountain and farm because from there I always get some energy for doing something happly. When I feel something bad at that time I prefer to visit some natural places where birds are singing and coldly wind flowing to touch my cheek. There are I get refreshing.


Que.:- 6) What is the reason of your obsession for that scene ?

Ans.:-

                                               When I first read this story, I found my mind wandering, and commented “Either my attention span is gone, or this starts a little slow.” so I’m going to say that Hemingway could have started this stronger. These scenes might serve some set-up purpose, but I’m not sure how necessary they were. It sets up the relationship with the boy, the Old Man’s world, how he is seen by other fisherman and the fishing industry, but there is little conflict, and the conflict doesn’t change. At the end of the novel The boy sees Santiago sleeping with his wounds. Crying, he rushes off to get Santiago coffee. He rushes past fishermen measuring Santiago’s fish, in awe of its size. They ask the boy how Santiago is, and say the fish was eighteen feet long. The boy gets coffee at the store, and the owner passes his sympathies to Santiago. 
So here, I said that there are obsession of oldman is that love,self-deception,talent,Opportunity,defeats,success, powerlessness, sacrifice, capability...etc.

Que.:-7) Replace the old man with yourself. How would be the approach if you fail like the old man in life ?

Ans.:- 




                                                 If I have as a place of old man so First of all I  will fail to handle all condition which convey by old man. If I am a old man so I used some techniques and tools for fishing. Moreover, I have to say that may be I go with Manolin in fishing rather than going alone. At the end I will get some inspiration, courage from the old man.


Thank you...

16 comments:

  1. Very well written lalji bhai👌👌😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you lalji bhai....a very hard-working person.... stay strong and active...😄😄😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written laljibhai Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good,
    Keep it up Mr. Creative Artist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well described. Good images and Graphical Interchange Formats (GIF).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written and nicely described Laljibhai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your observation and explanation is very good... Use of images is also good.. Very well written lalji bhai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written laljibhai . Your observation reflected in your writing.keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Lalji.Appropriate gif snd images are used. Keep on sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well described laljibhai ☺😊

    ReplyDelete